Wednesday, September 10, 2008

practice

Fletch was tuning his guitar when he noticed Kelsy coming up the stairway of the abandoned factory loft where Ian's band was practicing.

Fletch caught his breath. He didn't know what to say. He'd wanted to see her since that night only she never answered any of his messages. He hadn't wanted to be a school boy about it, but maybe he still was. She was like a present he couldn't wait to open, again. He hoped he hadn't blown it.

"How you been?"

"I've been better," Kelsy let a small smile slip. "Just a bit under the weather, that's all."

"I'm sorry."

"Its not your fault." She bit her bottom lip.

"So why are you here?" Fletch hoped it was to see him, but he doubted that.

"Thought I'd take a shot at being the lead singer. If you could call it that. A try anyway," Kelsy nodded, getting the speaker and everything set up.

"Great." What more could he ask for.

"Good, I'm glad you're okay with that. Unlike some people I know." Kelsy looked at the microphone and checked it out.

"Like who?"

"You're arrogant cousin, actually. He thought he was all that and then some, as I recall when he was your age."

"My age?" Fletch winced. Now she made him feel like a baby.

"Don't worry, you're not that young," Kelsy smirked holding the microphone.

Just about then Ian came in ready for practice.

"Sorry, I'm late," Ian said. "But lets get this show on the road."

Fletch just nodded. He couldn't take his eyes off Kelsy. He just had to be with her again. He just had, too.

2 comments:

autumn said...

it sounded like one of my vignette lines/writings. hehe. what a very casual convo.

Paul Pincus said...

"Its not your fault." She bit her bottom lip.''

; )