Wednesday, April 9, 2008

waiting

There they were face to face in the men's restroom at the Black Cat. It was the last place John Paul expected to find Kieron.

John Paul had a thousand things to say to him, but he couldn't. He was speechless and yet he bit his bottom lip to keep himself quiet.

"I've missed you," Kieron said quietly.

"I don't care." John Paul knew it was the right thing to say even if he didn't believe it. He was trying to get on with his life. But Spike kept telling him to follow his heart. If he didn't, think of how many other lives he'd screw up in the process.

"No texts. No phone calls," Kieron's voice was hardly above a whisper. "I can't do this John Paul. I need you. Only you. Can't you see that."

John Paul shook his head, no. Sadness swept over him. It was happening and he didn't want it too. But it was... so automatic.

He looked the restroom door . Their lips collided. He needed this as much as Kieron did. John Pauls fingers cradled Kieron's face. They kissed in a rush as the room spun around them in the excitement. Kieron unbuckled his pants. Time was wasting. It would have to be quick. Quinten was waiting with drinks.

afterwards

Nothing was really fixed but their quinch for each other.

"We have to talk," Kieron told John Paul.

"We will, but not now." John Paul knew Quintin would question him for being gone this long even if it was perhaps a good fifteen minutes. "I'll think of something. What if I meet you on the roof, later?"

"You would," Kieron couldn't take his eyes off of him.

"I'll til Quint I feel ill and I'll be back. I will." John Paul nodded.

"You promise." Kieron kissed John Paul's lips then as if to seal the deal.

John Paul nodded, then said, "Give me thirty minutes, and I'll be there."

John Paul embraced him then, pulled away and unlocked the restroom door then left. Kieron looked at his watch already. How was he going to kill thirty minutes of waiting?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Finally..back to John Paul and Kieron.