Sunday, February 10, 2008

alone


When I lived alone
Is there a ghost in my house?
When I lived alone
Is there a ghost in my house?
My house...



He couldn't explain it to Lauren. She wouldn't understand about Becca's ghost. What would she think? He'd lost the plot?

Why dwell on something he couldn't even explain? But he knew it had happened. It had happened with Becca. Afterall, it was supernatural, and why would he want to spend his time with an ordinary girl like Lauren.

True, she'd believed in him when no one else, had. But still, she was like his bigest fan and that slightly disgusted him yet gave him the pleasure of her company. It was not easy being in his room in this spot with Lauren.

"Please, I can't take you shutting me out like this?" Even she had stooped to a new low. He'd always appreciated her, I could care less attitude. But this, this was pathetic.

"I'm not shutting you out." Then he went back to the point that he'd crossed the big X out on her to begin with. The Jake thing. "See what jeolousy has done to you?" He hoped he made her cry. It was her fault, he persisted, "If you had never got it into Jake's head that anything was ever going on with Nancy and me, she wouldn't be in this condition."

She shrank back in his room with a small,"Sorry." pressed against her lips.

"You should be. I want you to be sorry for a very long while!" He screamed. It had to be this way. She had to leave him alone. He had Becca's ghost now. That was all that he needed. He hated to admit it to himself, but being with her was very addictive. He really didn't want to be addicted to anything, but Becca's ghost had changed him.

No comments: